You'll need the following tools (all of them are free):
2) wxmedit (or any other hex editor)
First Time Steps:
1) Create a bin\cue of the original disc
2) Using wxmedit (or another hex editing program) Copy the first 32k (0x7FFF) bytes from the original bin file and paste it into a new file called IP.BIN.
3) Extract ippatch.exe from BinPatcher.zip and place it in the same directory as IP.BIN.
Steps to create a new image:
1) Open UltraISO and do File->New CD/DVD Image
2) Put all of files from the original disc into the image
3) Create a new bin/cue file by going to "File->Save As" and set the format to BIN file. Save this in the save directory as the IP.BIN file and name it 1.bin
4) Run ippatch.exe. All this program does is just copy the contents from IP.BIN and paste it into the first 32k bytes of your new image (1.bin)
And that's all. You should be able to run this using any emulator or burning a disc with it (assuming you have a modded Saturn capable of reading cdrs)
Discussion of the technical aspects of patching Sakura Taisen.
1 post • Page 1 of 1