Choices Disguised as Dialogue

All linguistics can be discussed here -- this is the place to go to for discussion of how character names, item names, etc., should be translated.
Matatabi

Choices Disguised as Dialogue

Post by Matatabi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Hey I was having trouble parsing a paragraph of dialogue until I realized that it was actually three choices. I thought choices were supposed to show up as pink? Or is that only for LIPS choices? I don't know if there's some kind of code tag that would indicate what lines are choices or not but unless we get some kind of indicator we'll need to be very careful when translating.

An example of what I'm talking about would be #488 on file 0301TBL

I guess just watch out for dialogue that is presented as 3 lines of varying lengths and that seem contradictory.

Also, should I be using <br> to separate all choices? Or is that still only the rule for LIPS choices?

NoahSteam
Site Admin

Re: Choices Disguised as Dialogue

Post by NoahSteam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:47 pm

Hmm yes you are correct, that line is indeed a LIPS event. There must be some other indicator of a LIPS line than the one I know of. I'll see if I can figure it out. Thanks for pointing this out!

NoahSteam
Site Admin

Post by NoahSteam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:04 pm

I think I see it now. It looks like the following lines in 301 should also be LIPS events:

I've fixed the page for 301TBL to reflect that. You might have to do a force reload on your cache if the lines aren't showing up as pink*. I'll update my program that creates these webpages tomorrow so that all of the other files are fixed as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... your_cache

NoahSteam
Site Admin

Post by NoahSteam » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:41 pm

All files have been fixed now. You guys will have to force refresh your cache in order for the changes to show up.

When you open the webpage for your file, do the following. This will only need to be done once.

On Windows when using Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer:
Ctrl key and press the F5 key.

If you have different OS or webbrowser, you can see how to do it here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... your_cache